Responsible stewardship of wealth at Fiduciary Trust Company of Canada involves more than managing investments. It also involves planning for the effective transfer of your family wealth in keeping with your values and goals. Here's a glimpse of our approach to assist you with your estate plans. We:
- Help create wealth transfer plans that balance financial goals–such as protecting assets from creditors and minimizing taxes–with personal goals such as reducing family conflict or uncertainty about the future.
- Believe choosing an executor or trustee is a critical decision that is best based on a candidate's skill and availability. Hiring a professional executor and trustee is often the best choice.
- Work with your existing team (or help you create a team) of lawyers, tax advisors, financial advisors and co-executors or co-trustees to ensure your wishes are translated into plans and executed as you intended.
- Believe an effective wealth management strategy aligns investment and trust and estate plans.
- Believe your wealth transfer plan and arrangements should be as unique as your family and you.